night-spread drives and beautiful silences

While sitting in the passenger seat, you sit with yourself as a soul next to you makes you feel not so alone. Driving along dark empty roads, lost in a mindful chaos. Comfortable silences are so warm to me, but also send shivers down my spine. It's the staggering reality of being so in sync with the other person. An emptiness that would normally kill, slashing your mind with discomfort is actually filling your space with softness. An atmosphere so powerful, so inexplicable, touches your essence in ways you didn't know air could.

"Hurricane" - This version, I listened to, driving when these thoughts came to the front of my mind. I scribbled these feelings down in a notebook. I was fascinated by the idea that being with someone in a moving car, in complete darkness, can somehow make you shiver.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

falling in love with traveling

opposites